PROCEDINGS OFTHE DISTRICT COLLECTOR, CHITTOOR
PRESENT: SRI P.KRISHNA1AH, I.A.S., D.Dis.No.C3/8531/94,
Sub: CASTE VERIFICATION - Chittoor District, Chittoor Division
- Vadamalpet Mandal - Enamalapalem Village - Caste Status
of Sri S.Sankaraiah, Senior Assistant DCTO's Office,
Punganur - Orders - Issued.
Read: 1. Secretary, General A.P.S.E. Caste Welfare Association,
A.R, Hyderabad, A.RS.C.W.A/94, dated 16.3.94.
2. This Office Roc. C3/8531/94, Dated 18.6.94 and 8.9.94
addressed to R.D.O., Madanapalle.
3. R.D.O. Madanapalle LDis.5835/94, Dl.16.2.95.
4. This Office Roc. C3/8531/94, Dt.19.5.95 and 31.7.97
addressed to R.D.O., Chittoor.
5. Secretary to Commissioner of Commercial Taxes, A.P.,
Hyderabad, Rst. No.P8/94, Dt.24.1.96.
6. R.D.O., Chittoor Roc. H/2204&4, Dt.6.6.95,9.8.95,8.5.97
7. Report of the Scrutiny Committee on issue of Caste Cer-
tificate issued BEDAJANGAM in favour of Sri S.
Sankaraiah, dated 30.3.99.
The Secretary General, AP.Scheduled Castes Welfare Associa-
tion, Hyderabad, made a petition to the District Collector, contending that
Sri S.Sankaraiah, working as Junior Assistant in O/o. Dy. Commercial
Tax Officer's Office, Punganur, managed to change his caste in the records
as S.C.claiming himself as "BEDAJANGAMA" though he actually belongs
to "JANGAM" community which falls under BC-A and the Certificate is-
sued to him as "BEDAJANGAM", SC Community may be cancelled.
In the reference 2nd read above, the Revenue Divisional Officer,